Our primary goal is foster genuine insight into perspective, projection methods and spatial concepts. Accordingly, a key aim is to enable open access to perspective resources worldwide, whereby all perspective theories, methods, texts, information sources, etc; are indexed and made freely available (where possible).
By collecting, developing, linking, and applying the theories, principles, and method(s) of perspective, the PRC can support Knowledge Organisation, Education and Technology Development across a range of scientific, artistic, cultural, and technological disciplines.
At the PRC, we are committed to education on all matters related to perspective and the visual dimensions of Art, Science and Technology. We develop perspective-related educational materials, plus associated courses, for students at all levels.
We can support researchers who are studying perspective, either indirectly by supplying research materials on this site or, where possible, using open dialogue.
We are developing a lecture series entitled: ‘Dimensions of Perspective‘; and producing a related documentary film.
In 2020, PRC published the Encyclopedia of Perspective (2,500 pages), the definitive work on its subject matter that is a wonder to behold. Plus, we plan to publish the Encyclopedia of Leonardo Da Vinci (3000 pages), which unites all of Kim Veltman’s writings on the great polymath.
PRC maintains the standard world Bibliography Of Perspective, initially developed by Professor Luigi Vagnetti and later progressed by Professor Kim Veltman—who together spent over 90 years compiling a list of 15,000 perspective titles from throughout time. In 2020, we published the database in volumes 7 and 8 of the Encyclopedia of Perspective.
We also have about a dozen books, and over one hundred scientific papers, on perspective and related topics, authored by Professor Kim Veltman and also Dr Alan Radley; which we shall make freely available herein.
Research and Development
At the PRC, we are engaged in research and development concerning perspective and the visual dimensions of Art, Science, Culture and Technology.
- Hologram Mirror (patent granted)
- Personal Virtual / Augmented Reality
- Lookable User Interfaces / 3D user interfaces
- Artificial rainbows / holograms and illusionistic displays
- Super-achromatic / super-dispersive / wide-field optics
- Thinking spaces, Cognitive Media Stacks / Waterfall Networks
- Innovative cameras, million-aperture optics, hyperspectral imaging
- New imaging formats; large-scale image linkage, annotation and exploration
- Insertion of real-world meta-data into images (geographic / semantic)
- Hypergrams / BAEM Images – interactive: querying / sequencing / exploration
- Large scale image integration: Branching ASCII Embedded Metadata
- Artificial Intelligence: Situated / Distributed Intelligence (coined terms)
- Artificial Intelligence: Reflexive / Pro-Active / Creative Free-Will (coined terms)
- Philosophy for: Science of Cybersecurity, Science of Smart Things
- Philosophy for: Universal Knowledge Machine, Smart Synergetic Systems
- Optics, perspective and new media
- Perspective Category Theory (coined term + defined ontology/taxonomy)
- Expanding the field, scope and clarity of human vision
- Eyesight amplification / looking & seeing / new types of visual perspective
- Photograph and movie / film innovation – image annotation / linkage
- Circular and panoramic viewing, navigation of views / integrated station-points
- Visual Encyclopedia of Knowledge, grammar of key spatial shapes
- Artificial, Situated and Distributed: Intelligence (coined terms)
- World brain / distributed knowledge systems / hyper-networks
- Smart Synergetic Systems, Internet of Things (IoT), concept of Technopia
- Optical design of: cameras, 3D displays, panoramas / optics of gemstones + eye
- Cryptography, steganography, efficient data transmission + data compression
- Bandwidth magnification, efficient coding and compression algorithms
- Information visualisation, flexible and non-brittle programming
- Technology assembly / innovation, principles of synergetic design
- Patent drafting / prosecution / IP licensing
We are open to collaborative ventures with individuals and organisations, and can support ‘visual’ creators, educators, and students at all levels.